Financing Tips from LaFontaine Cadillac: Loans vs. Leases
If you’re in the market for a new car, you’re probably curious whether it’s better to buy or pursue a Cadillac lease. Both paths offer their own advantages, and there’s no wrong answer – it’s simply a matter of making the best choice for your lifestyle and budget.
Here’s a summary of the most important advantages of each path. Whether you purchase a new Cadillac vehicle or lease one will depend on which of these is most in line with your mindset.
Leasing a Car – Advantages
- Lower Down Payment and Monthly Payments: These are typically lower than car loan payments because you’re not paying for the total price of the vehicle.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: Leased vehicles are typically under a maintenance contract, and you only pay for routine maintenance such as oil changes and tire rotations.
- Easy End-of-Lease Process: When your lease expires, you have three hassle-free options: you can either purchase the vehicle, extend the lease, or just return the car to our local Cadillac dealers and walk away. On the flipside, when you own a car and want to sell it or trade it in, the process typically requires a larger investment of time and money.
Buying a Car – Advantages
- No Mileage Limits: When you own a car you can drive as many miles as you want, with none of the penalties that come with a lease.
- Unlimited Customization: If you purchase a car, you’re free to customize and change it as you see fit. On the contrary, when you lease a vehicle, you’re forbidden from making any cosmetic or performance-related changes.
- Full Ownership: One of the biggest disadvantages to leasing is that you never truly own the car you’re driving. But when you buy a vehicle with Cadillac financing, it’s all yours as soon as you’ve made all of your payments. This means that you stand to gain full benefit from all of the equity you’ve put into the automobile.
Talk With Our Local Cadillac Dealers Today
Visit LaFontaine Cadillac today and talk with our local Cadillac dealers about loans versus leases. We’ll put all of our experience to use in helping you determine which option is the best fit for your budget and lifestyle and ensure you’re behind the wheel of the perfect Cadillac automobile.